LIVING INSTITUTE FOR SLOW LEARNERS, CCP
Living Institute for Slow Learners (LISL) is an institute which render its services in multiple domains of special needs. Its objectives are;
- To provide an encouraging learning environment for students with special educational needs so as to facilitate their education, utilize their potential in the right direction, enhance their independence and enable them to become well-adjusted individuals in the society.
- To provide students with special needs a series of support services based on five principles, early identification, early intervention, whole-school approach, home-school cooperation and cross-sector collaboration.
- To use new therapies to enhance skills of students with special needs.
- To use modern therapeutic material and strategic based teaching to polish their skills and behaviours.
- In short, to establish an Institute in the premises of the University of the Punjab will not only help parents of these special children to manage their special child’s behaviours and to utilize his/her potential in a constructive way, but will also serve as a laboratory for students of the Centre for Clinical Psychology in the area of Slow Learners.
The institute is based on two programs i.e. Morning Program (9:00am to 12: 45pm) and Evening Program (1:00pm to 4pm) which are further divided into four groups; 1) Early Readiness Skills Group, 2) Developmental Group, 3) Pre-academic Group, and 4) Academic Group. In these programs we have children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) / Intellectual Disability / and Learning Disability along with mild to moderate severity. However, age criterion for admission is limited to chronological age range i.e. from 2 years to 12 years. When a child acquires basic skills and he/she is free from behavioural problems, he/she is referred to other special institutions and mainstream schools according to their functioning level.
Moreover, individual therapeutic sessions of behavioural management training is also offered to adolescents and adults with special needs. In addition, Living Institute for Slow Learners provides Psychological Assessment and Management services to children having Psychiatric Disorders such as: Trauma, Enuresis, Child abuse, Separation Anxiety Disorder, OCD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, ODD, Conduct Disorder, Depression, Panic disorder, Phobias, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Conversion Disorder and other related problems. Individual sessions are conducted with each child by experienced Child Clinical Psychologists.
|STAFF (LIVING INSTITUTE FOR SLOW LEARNERS, CCP)|
|Ms. Nazia Bashir||In charge / Clinical Psychologist|
|Ms. Amna Saadat||Speech Therapist|
|Ms. Tabinda Masood||Clinical Psychologist|
|Ms. Rahat Shahzadi||Psychologist|
|Ms. Mehwish Malik||Special Educationist|
|Ms. Ume Rubab||Special Educationist|
|Mr. Ashir Aslam||Music Teacher|
|Ms. Hajran Bibi||Lady Attendant|
|Ms. Kousar Bibi||Lady Attendant|
Independence Day Celebrations
Children performed in Cognitive Motor Groups
Public Awareness Stalls displayed in different locations of University by LISL,CCP.